jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sergio <ser...@bosoconsulting.it>
Subject Re: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:59:16 GMT
Il 02/02/2012 15:23, sebb ha scritto:
> On 2 February 2012 14:14, Miguel Godinho da Fonseca
> <Luis.Fonseca@bci.co.mz>  wrote:
>> It's a Kind of restricted!
>>
>> It's a Bank application that only allows each host or user (they ate not mutual exclusive)
to connected only once.
>> During login the web application reads the source IP Address and matches it with
a host on the database. So if I'm using Jmeter from the same host... I'm in trouble :)
well, you can work around this, but you need to add ALL the IP address you need to the Jmeter
server LAN interface.
Then, you launch different Jmeter instances passing an IP address to each of them, and using
HTTPclient.

I did this to test a load balanced infrastructure,and worked pretty well, but I think you
find limitations to few IP addresses
(maybe 8 or 10 or so) due to OS limitations.

regards

> You are also likely to be in trouble if you try and access the app
> from behind a NAT router.
>
>> So I have thought about using HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address and create separate
LAN cards on my host and use these new addresses.
>> What I'm saying is that neither HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address or forcing a host
address via httpclient.localaddress.

>> Can you explain further what do you mean when you say "This only works using HttpClient
sampler "?
> Have you read:
>
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request
>
> Read up on "Implementation".
>

>> Kind Regards,
>> Miguel

jmeter on added to the relevant whitelist of IPs. If load balancing then, basically, jmeter
does not support ip spoofing. Depending on the exact setup of the load balancer algorithm
you can *potentially* get away with simply using multiple hosts to run the test from (keep
in mind some load balancers base traffic on DNS, in this case do some research on 'Java DNS
caching').

>> If your host has multiple IPs then httpclient.localaddress allows you to chose one
for each running instance of jmeter. This only works using HttpClient sampler.

>> -----
>> http://www.http503.com/
>> --

Ing. Sergio Boso

Mail:
Web:
PEC:
Cell:
Linkedin:
Skype:

sergio@bosoconsulting.it <mailto:sergioboso@yahoo.it>
www.bosoconsulting.it
sergio.boso@ingpec.eu <mailto:sergio.boso@ingpec.eu>
+39 335 7243 445
http://it.linkedin.com/in/sergioboso <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sergio-boso/1/29b/255>
sbos61

In caso di erronea ricezione da parte di persona diversa, siete pregati di eliminare il messaggio
e i suoi allegati in modo
definitivo dai vostri archivi e di volercelo comunicare immediatamente restituendoci il messaggio
via e-mail al seguente
indirizzosergio@bosoconsulting.it <mailto:sergioboso@yahoo.it>
L’interessato può, inoltre, esercitare tutti i diritti di accesso sui propri dati previsti
dal decreto 196/2003, tra i quali i
diritti di rettifica, aggiornamento e cancellazione, inviando un messaggio all’indirizzo:sergio@bosoconsulting.it

<mailto:sergioboso@yahoo.it>