jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stanton W Derry <de...@cpt.com>
Subject JMeter adding to response time
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 05:03:30 GMT
I'm performance testing a set of web services with an expected response
time of ~20-25ms.   I've developed the script using HTTP Request (Http
3.1) samplers doing POSTs with a SOAP payload.  The samplers have
Response Assertions, Regular Expression Extractors, and some have XPath
Extractors.  The results have created a bit of a quandry. The average
response times in JMeter are in the range of 50-60ms and the average
request times on the web servers is ~15ms.  The network latency is < 1ms
from the JMeter load generators to the web servers.

Question:  Is JMeter processing adding in the additional  35-45ms?  Does
the response time include processing of the assertions and extractors?

Stan