jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Godinho da Fonseca <Luis.Fons...@BCI.CO.MZ>
Subject RE: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 06:58:26 GMT
I just wanted for Jmter to work as described :)

In Jmeter website it says that you can force the sending IP address using the http request.
Here you have a property / field where you can put the IP you want to use. The catch is that
it must be one IP from your machine (Jmeter host machine as several IP Addresses).

I have all this!
Four IP addresses in my Jmeter host machine, and "forced" the request to be sent via one of
this addresses. But it does not work.

I wanted help to find out what am I missing here.
I know what and how to do it with Jmeter... IT just seems no to work as described.

Miguel Godinho da Fonseca
Direcção de Sistemas de Informação

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Lloyd [mailto:oliver_lloyd@hotmail.com]
Sent: quinta-feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2012 17:41
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address

Ah, right, once only access based on IP. It might be worth taking another approach here and
either adjusting this restriction or just outright disabling it. This will allow you to proceed
much faster.

Of course, the problem with that is you won't be testing this code - perhaps this table will
grow and grow over time and not be indexed properly? To mitigate this risk you could run a
component test further down the stack simulating lots of the relevant calls using different
IPs. This test could be at the database level directly or perhaps you could write a simple
widget of some sort that makes these calls and then call the widget using JMeter passing in
a new 'IP string' each time.

-----
http://www.http503.com/