jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Godinho da Fonseca <Luis.Fons...@BCI.CO.MZ>
Subject RE: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:14:07 GMT
It's a Kind of restricted!

It's a Bank application that only allows each host or user (they ate not mutual exclusive)
to connected only once.
During login the web application reads the source IP Address and matches it with a host on
the database. So if I'm using Jmeter from the same host... I'm in trouble :)

So I have thought about using HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address and create separate LAN cards
on my host and use these new addresses.
What I'm saying is that neither HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address or forcing a host address via
httpclient.localaddress.

Can you explain further what do you mean when you say "This only works using HttpClient sampler
"?

Kind Regards,
Miguel

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Lloyd [mailto:oliver_lloyd@hotmail.com]
Sent: quinta-feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2012 15:59
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address

When you say 'validates' are you talking about load balancing or some form of restricted access?

If restricted access then just get the IP addresses of the hosts you are running jmeter on
added to the relevant whitelist of IPs. If load balancing then, basically, jmeter does not
support ip spoofing. Depending on the exact setup of the load balancer algorithm you can *potentially*
get away with simply using multiple hosts to run the test from (keep in mind some load balancers
base traffic on DNS, in this case do some research on 'Java DNS caching').

If your host has multiple IPs then httpclient.localaddress allows you to chose one for each
running instance of jmeter. This only works using HttpClient sampler.

-----
http://www.http503.com/