jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Godinho da Fonseca <Luis.Fons...@BCI.CO.MZ>
Subject Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:30:37 GMT
Hi There!

I have here an issue that I don't even know if it's my misusage or a real issue.
In order to load test a web application I need to simulate request's from different hosts.
This because, the web application validates the host via its IP address.

So I was thinking in using the property from HTTP Request Source IP address and load the IP's
from a dataset.
It did not worked as expected. I sent the request's from an address different from the ones
I intended.

After this I have tried a different approach: Force Jmeter to send all request from the same
address by configuring it in the Jmeter.properties file as shown above:
#httpclient.localaddress=1.2.3.4
httpclient.localaddress=10.2.31.253

Same behavior. Meaning that it kept sending request from the same address.

Please keep in mind that for every configuration change I have restarted Jmeter.
I'm Using:
SO: XP SP2;
Jmeter 2.5.1;
java version "1.6.0_30"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Kind Regards,
Miguel Fonseca