jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Lloyd <oliver_ll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: REPOST: Adding an option to output results to a db? (not csv or xml.)
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:42:12 GMT
>The disadvantage is that writing large numbers of  samples to a
>database is likely to be slower than writing to a file.

Agreed. In principle it is possible to tune inserts to high levels (we got
it up to 40k a second) but that was with fairly lightweight data and
involved some tweaking of the db params which is non-standard.

I guess a better approach might be either to write to a db non synchronously
using a flat file as a buffer or maybe using some sort of mem cache. The
latter would offer the best throughput but with obvious risks.

>What makes you think that Listeners depend on the output format?

I was thinking in terms of loading results offline. Ideally if results are
written to a db then it should be possible to point a listener at this
source. We'll review the common code on that.

Thanks for your replies; we'll try and spend some more time on this.

-----
http://www.http503.com/