jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject Average times are confusing me...
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:59:54 GMT
So, I created a test case that simply performs a 'POST' to a cgi-bin test script. The test
script simple pauses for 2 seconds, then
returns a page that is full of useless text.

When I run this on my JMeter 2.6 GUI, I see that the 'average' sample time for this page (this
is the only sampler in the test) is
~750ms... BUT I _KNOW_ that each page takes at least 2 seconds to return from the request.
Because I have a 'sleep 2' at the top of
the page.

So is the 'average' time actually measuring the time it takes to receive the response (after
the response starts), or is it
measuring the time it takes to receive the response after the request ends (which is what
I really want)?

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development