jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie : Not able to record the script under corporate proxy
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:58:33 GMT
On 16 January 2012 08:54, Shankar, Tushar <TShankar@ciber.com> wrote:
> Sergio,
>
> I didn’t get any possible solution for this problem other than asking IT admin to get
direct access to internet.

Have you read the manual?

Setting up a proxy server is described in Getting Started:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server

). It is a .pac file which runs on the port 80 and i have to load test app over this proxy,
but i am unable to configure jmeter to record the app.
>>> well i Have started the jmeter from the cmd prompt using the proxyhost,port,username
and the password......Port : 80...

>>> When i am trying to record the application under port 80 i am getting "Could
not create proxy - port in use . choose another port" error.

>>> (Note: 1. i have selected the pac file as my proxy which is set on port 80.
>>> 2. if i deselect the pac and select port 80 as my localhost i wont be able to
browse internet.)

>>> Question here is : Is there any way in which i can record script under the corporate
proxy ?
> Shankar,
>
> in fact, I did not find a way to configure Jmeter to use a corporate proxy, as if it
were a browser, to access internet.

> I would be happy to understand if there is a solution to that.
> The only workaround I found is to ask network admin people to give the JM system direct
access to internet.

> Any suggestion?
>
>> AIUI a PAC file is a file that the browser reads in order to configure
>> its proxy settings.
>>
>> So just find out what the settings are and use those.
>>
>> If necessary, ask your network admin people for the settings.
>>
>> [JMeter does not understand PAC files; not even sure if PAC files are
>> understood by all browsers.]
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tushar Shankar

> --
>
> Ing. Sergio Boso
>
> Mail:
> Web:
> PEC:
> Cell:
> Linkedin:
> Skype:
>

> sergio@bosoconsulting.it <mailto:sergioboso@yahoo.it>
> www.bosoconsulting.it
> sergio.boso@ingpec.eu <mailto:sergio.boso@ingpec.eu>
> +39 335 7243 445
> http://it.linkedin.com/in/sergioboso <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sergio-boso/1/29b/255>
> sbos61
>
> In caso di erronea ricezione da parte di persona diversa, siete pregati di eliminare
il messaggio e i suoi allegati in modo
> definitivo dai vostri archivi e di volercelo comunicare immediatamente restituendoci
il messaggio via e-mail al seguente
> indirizzosergio@bosoconsulting.it <mailto:sergioboso@yahoo.it>
> L’interessato può, inoltre, esercitare tutti i diritti di accesso sui propri dati
previsti dal decreto 196/2003, tra i quali i