jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: STOMP wire protocol and Jmeter
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:20:11 GMT
On 24 January 2012 16:54,  <John.Ott@emc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a need to send STOMP messages from Jmeter.  Has anyone had any experience with
the STOMP wire protocol and Jmeter?

> I'm able to make connections from client (Jmeter) to host (an ActiveMQ server) by supplying
Provider URL stomp://${hostname}:61613 in a JMS publisher/sampler.   However, it looks like
it is not as simple as sending STOMP frames via the sampler's Text Message field.

No, that won't work. JMS is a different protocol.

> Though I'm not sure, perhaps I need a purpose-built API or extend Jmeter's capabilities
in some way?

According to
http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-openwire-compare-to-stomp.html
you might be able to use the TCP JMeter sampler.

However, it won't be easy (or even possible) to support heartbeats.

I was unable to determine if the protocol is synchronous or not from
reading the spec at:

http://stomp.github.com//stomp-specification-1.1.html

If it is synchronous, it should be easy enough to use the TCP sampler,
or you could write your own implementation of the TCP sampler.

JMeter is designed for synchronous protocols; asynchronous protocols
will need special handling (e.g. as per the JMS receiver).