jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to capture a value in one of the thread and passing it to the other thread in the same test plan
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:06:54 GMT
Hmm. I'm not using semaphores in JmeterThreadSync, but you could easily
modify just the CheckPointObject to acquire them. Though it might be easier
to check for unreleased semaphores in the Config element at test start or
test end time.

The couple of tests I wrote with this code were very complex due to the
threading and the stuff that was being tested should have been modified to
allow for linear testing with a usability defect. I'm not entirely sure
that level of IPC should be commonly available in the tool; if you really
need it, you should probably have the technical skills to set it up. I
think that gives you a better chance to understand and accept the risks
involved.

That being said, this is probably going to gnaw on me now, so I might end
up taking a look at it over some weekend anyway. You know the next guy is
going to want it to run across multiple machines, though...

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com