jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stanton W Derry <de...@cpt.com>
Subject Re: possible performance bottleneck for WebService Request Sampler
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:55:10 GMT
Ray,

When I used Webservice sampler in JMeter 2.3.4 and I think 2.4.1, the
sampler was using http client version 1.0 instead 1.1.  I don't remember
if it could be changed in the properties file or not or as I ended up
using the SOAP/XML-RPC for all my web service calls.

Stan

On 1/4/12 3:02 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 4 January 2012 10:52, Anthony Johnson<ansoni@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hey Ray,
>>     If it happens to be some sort of socket re-use issue then you can
>> probably play with the dynamic range to see if you can increase the actual
>> range.  I am assuming you are using Windows:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929851
>>
>> I thought that I would find something in the FAQ around this issue, but my
>> search ended up with nothing.
>>
>> Also, you will most likely get a reply on this list to disable all your
>> listeners except for the Summary Report and verify that the issue still
>> occurs.  Listeners are pretty expensive and often times they can exhaust
>> all the memory or   contain so much data that JMeter spends its time
>> managing that data.
>>
>> Just an FYI, I've used the Webservice Sampler quite a bit and haven't run
>> into this issue so hopefully it is something easy.
>>
> Alternatively, try using one of the other samplers instead, e.g.
>
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#SOAP/XML-RPC_Request
>

>> Good luck,
>>
>> Anthony
>>
>> 2012/1/4 Ray<icemist@126.com>
>>

>>>   Hi
>>>

>>> Recently, I use WebService Request sampler in jmeter (performance tests by
>>> Jmeter is standard strategy in our project) to do the performance test
>>> against our web service. The average response time of the web service
>>> method is about 5ms. At beginning of the test, the tps can reach to 2000+
>>> with 30 threads(users). But after about 32000 requests sent, the tps drop
>>> down rapidly to about 500.
>>>
>>> Then I used soapui to test it again and the tps is stable with this tool.
>>> After long time investigation,  I found that the tcp port is almost used up
>>> when using jmeter. But soapui only occupies a few tcp ports.
>>>

>>> Anyone has some idea about this phenomena? Thanks very much!
>>>

>>> How to reproduce
>>>
>>> 1. setup tomcat (I deployed it on Solaris, maybe other system has same
>>> issue)
>>> 2. download axis 1.4 of java version
>>> 3. copy content under webapps to tomcat webapps directory