jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ray <icem...@126.com>
Subject possible performance bottleneck for WebService Request Sampler
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:37:14 GMT
  Hi

Recently, I use WebService Request sampler in jmeter (performance tests by Jmeter is standard
strategy in our project) to do the performance test against our web service. The average response
time of the web service method is about 5ms. At beginning of the test, the tps can reach to
2000+ with 30 threads(users). But after about 32000 requests sent, the tps drop down rapidly
to about 500.

Then I used soapui to test it again and the tps is stable with this tool. After long time
investigation,  I found that the tcp port is almost used up when using jmeter. But soapui
only occupies a few tcp ports.

Anyone has some idea about this phenomena? Thanks very much!

How to reproduce

1. setup tomcat (I deployed it on Solaris, maybe other system has same issue)
2. download axis 1.4 of java version
3. copy content under webapps to tomcat webapps directory
4. start tomcat, and then you have a simple web service deployed. The wsdl can be found at
http://${host}:8080/axis/services/Version?wsdl
5. use WebService(SOAP) Request Sampler to do performance tests with 30 threads. You'll see
tps drop down obviously after about 32000 requests sent.

Best Regards

Ray