jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to capture a value in one of the thread and passing it to the other thread in the same test plan
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:48:55 GMT
I've used "Properties" before...

I have this in one of my test plans (in a "User Parameters" pre-processor) :

	threadStartTime = ${__javaScript(var ms = new Date; ms.getTime();)}

	theTime = ${__setProperty(ThreadStartTime, ${threadStartTime})}

(theTime variable isn't used anywhere).
Then I use (in the next thread group - in a "User Parameter" pre-processor):

	lastThreadStartTime = ${__P(ThreadStartTime,0)}

This method only works when the thread groups run sequentially though...

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
VOICE: 512-777-1861
www.KingsIsle.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Ide [mailto:flyingrhenquest@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 10:07 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: How to capture a value in one of the thread and passing it to
the other thread in the same test plan

Hmm. I'm not using semaphores in JmeterThreadSync, but you could easily
modify just the CheckPointObject to acquire them. Though it might be easier
to check for unreleased semaphores in the Config element at test start or
test end time.

The couple of tests I wrote with this code were very complex due to the
threading and the stuff that was being tested should have been modified to
allow for linear testing with a usability defect. I'm not entirely sure that
level of IPC should be commonly available in the tool; if you really need
it, you should probably have the technical skills to set it up. I think that
gives you a better chance to understand and accept the risks involved.

That being said, this is probably going to gnaw on me now, so I might end up
taking a look at it over some weekend anyway. You know the next guy is going
to want it to run across multiple machines, though...

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com