jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED! - Strange 'pause' activity during testing
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:34:18 GMT
On 16 December 2011 17:49, Robin D. Wilson <rwilson2@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I (well, actually one of our operations guys) figured out what the
> problem was... Someone had enabled the 'iptables' service (Linux Firewall)
> on our Apache box (unbeknownst to me), and it was parsing all the packets
> (even though it never hit a filter rule). So with the massively increased
> network load, it eventually just started dropping packets for a while.
>
> Disabling the iptables service completely solved the problem.
>
> Thank you all for giving me so many things to check and test - I will use
> all of your input for expanding my knowledge of JMeter and testing systems
> in the future.

Thanks for letting us know the problem has been solved.

Anyone care to provide a write-up for the Wiki?
Not specifically about the details of this case, but the sort of
things to look for and how to check?
Symptoms and possible causes, that sort of thing.

[The Wiki requires a login, and to prevent spammers the login must be
authorised - just send an e-mail to the dev list]