jmeter-user mailing list archives

From rajan gupta <rajangupta...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Jmeter Script - fails
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:44:43 GMT
Hi All

Here are some good tips I got from Flavio Cysne on solving JMeter and JSF
issues I was having. I am sure it will help some one else who is having
similar issues.
Thanks Flavio for the help.

Rajan.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: Jmeter Script - fails
To: rajan gupta <rajangupta084@gmail.com>

Rajan,

    some points I think can be explained

    1. at HTTP Request Defaults, the 8080 goes on port input (only a tip).
If you really pretend to use HTTP Request Defaults, erase same values from
HTTP samplers (if port input value is exactly the same, for example, erase
it).
    2. Regular Expression Extractor have to be used inside HTTP Request
Samplers. It means that every time you need a jsessionid or a ViewState id
you'll need to add an Regular Expression Extractor in the prior HTTP
Request Sampler (use View Results Tree response tab to know where to get
the values). Tip: always put a default value at extractors so you can see
if they catch the desired value
    3. be aware of regular expressions mistakes like <input type="hidden"
name="javax\.faces\.ViewState" value="!()"> - probably you have missed the
id property and input tag ends with /> (just don't use the closing tag
characters)
    4. there are some view state ids that you haven't used jmeter variable
${javax.faces.ViewState} - remember, although view state ids are somewhat
static they may change from browser to browser and from one application
deploy to another, so try to use variables instead of static values.
    5. it's really rare to an view state id change when you have ajax
requests one after another, this make things simpler. In this case, the
view state id of the first ajax request (AJAXREQUET=_viewRoot) can be
repeated on others.
    6. I work with web application performance testing and many of them are
JSF applications, I can't remeber view state ids starting with ! (if your
application do this, just remember to check extractors)

    I'm replying with your script modified with what I think that can help
you to solve the problem.

If you need help, send me another e-mail.
Don't forget to post the solution at the discussion list.

Good luck.
Flávio Cysne