jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Performance OpenJDK compared with SunJDK
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:58:00 GMT
If you do not tune the 64-bit version yes it will perform badly. It is a known issue 64-bit
performs worse than 32-bit.

-Tony

--- On Mon, 12/12/11, Toni Menendez Lopez <tonimenen@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Toni Menendez Lopez <tonimenen@gmail.com>
Subject: Performance OpenJDK compared with SunJDK
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Date: Monday, December 12, 2011, 1:34 PM

Hello all,

I want to ask all of you on question !

I am normally working with SunJDK for Jmeter and running in non-gui
mode, but now I want to migrate the openJDK ( OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
(build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)).

I have executed the same test in SunJDK and OpenJDK and I have
experienced that Jmeter has worst performance sending the traffic with
OPenJDK that with SunJDK.

Any of you have got some similar experience ?

My O.S is RHEL5.4

Best regards,

Toni.