jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed testing w/ CSV file and multiple threads
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 05:21:45 GMT
Use 80 threads.  Each remote machine would kick off that many

The CSV file must be available at each machine , so in order to do what you
want , you will have to preprocess the files and split them up into
separate files so that each remote machine gets a distinct set of data
On Nov 4, 2011 12:04 PM, "CHARLES BAKER" <chbaker@clemson.edu> wrote:

> So, I intend to use meter with 10 remote machines. I would like each of
> those machines to run 80 threads. Should the thread group be configured
> with 80 threads or 800?
>
> Also, the test plan is configured to pull userid and passwords from a CSV
> file. Will each of the 10 machines begin at the first data line of the
> file? If so, can someone point me to a method to make say machine 0 start
> at line 0, machine 1 start at line 80, machine 2 start at line 160 and so
> on?
>
> I read about sharing mode at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Configbut
that doesn't seem to address this use case.