jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ed Young <...@summitbid.com>
Subject Re: Response assertion does not assert http 1.1 404
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 04:44:00 GMT
To answer my own question:

*Are we saying that JMeter will look at the status and fail it if it's in
the 4xx and 5xx range because those are hard failures, even if we are
asserting "I'm looking for a 404 from this request"?*
*
I think the answer is "Yes", which is why we choose "Ignore Status" so it
doesn't fail based either of the 4xx (or 5xx) status.

got it.
*