jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to pick data from csv data into for loop http request
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 19:33:28 GMT
You need to clarify your test. So I assume the single request in the middle
reads from CSV file, no need to repeat/loop this single request where it
is. But on next iteration or loop of the thread group (i.e. the test), you
want to read the next CSV row? If this is the case, you can use the CSVRead
function (with next option), as Konstantin mentioned, in some
element/sampler perhaps even within the single request sampler itself,
where the variable value is to be used. On next test iteration, it can then
read the next row. Don't think you need a while controller an counter for
this.

And is your test only for a single thread/user or do you plan to use
multiple users/threads for the thread group? If multiple, how should the
CSV file come into play? All users to read from same CSV file and same
rows, meaning each user starts at row 1 at beginning of test, no uniqueness
of data across users? Or a different intended setup? You may have a problem
for multiple users if using the CSV config element, as it typically passes
different rows for each thread. So thread 1 gets row 1, thread 2 gets row
2. And on next test iteration of thread group, it increments so thread 1
gets row 3, thread 2 gets row 4, so I believe. Not sure how the CSVRead
function comes into play for multiple threads.