jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject How best to track start & end times during a test?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 01:03:37 GMT
Was wondering how best to track/log start & end times for a load test
within JMeter, in case one doesn't adamantly (and manually) note down the
times. Still important even when you have a fixed test duration as you need
to know what times the test ran to correlate logs.

I notice that JMeter's tabular data in the GUI, when saved as CSV via Save
Table Data button does not log any timestamps for start/end of test.
Similarly, unless I misconfigured settings, seems the CSV output of data
(reported in Summary Report or Aggregate Graph) that is set to save to file
when test runs also does not log start/end times, but it does have a
timestamp column, but hard to decipher for me.

Haven't checked the XML output version, but XML is rather verbose, and I
would prefer a condensed CSV of results instead.

And the JMeter graphs, including the JMeter plugins at

http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/

also don't seem to display start/end times other than test duration span in
minute/seconds on the X-axis.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
David