jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Akhilkumar Gmail" <akhilkumar.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: help me on while running tests on Intranet
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:11:29 GMT
Yes this may be the case and also, mostly the username and non-encrypted pwd
will not be send as querystring  but it would be posted so check the method
is either GET or POST in request and it is same as production request.

Means the diff of production requests (plus subsequent redirections) and
intranet requests will definitely resolve your issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 6:38 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: help me on while running tests on Intranet

On 18 November 2011 05:52, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>>if iam running my tests on production server from Intranet i need to
>>change it to Intranet URL, and if iam running my tests on production
>>server from outside the Intranet i need to use another URL ......
>
> But subsequent urls and parameters may not be the same or the value
> may differ. Compare what your browser sends and receives(on the
> intranet) with jmeter - details of which can be found by searching the
> mail archives

The other possibility is that the browser is using a proxy for some
addresses and not others.
These can be configured by your network admins/IT staff and are generally
not obvious.

You can tell JMeter to use a proxy on the sampler page, or you can define it
for all URLs on the command-line:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#options