jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: JMeter reporting higher response times
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:37:24 GMT
I must be terribly thick headed...

Here's what I did:

Started with a folder called:

	JMeter2.5.1

This contains the full (and functional) installation of JMeter 2.5.1. When I
launch the 'bin/jmeter.bat' file from this folder, it works fine. The only
modification to this folder is the 'bin/user.properties'.

I copied the JMeter2.5.1 folder to JMeter2.5.1Dev. I ran the jmeter.bat file
from this folder - it works fine.

Then I extracted the 'apache-jmeter-r1202266_bin.zip' file, and copied the
".jar" files from the "lib" folder to the 'JMeter2.5.1Dev/lib' folder.
I copied the "lib/etx/*.jar" files to the 'JMeter2.5.1Dev/lib/ext' folder.
I copied the "lib/junit/test.jar" file to the 'JMeter2.5.1Dev/lib/junit'
folder.
I copied the "bin/*" files (not the "bin/examples" folder) to the
'JMeter2.5.1Dev/bin' folder.

When I launch the 'bin/jmeter.bat' file, I get the following error:

	An error occurred: org/apache/commons/jexl2/JexlContext
	errorlevel=1
	Press any key to continue . . .

(Of course, when I press a key, the cmd.exe window goes away.)

I have only the JRE installed - it is possible that I need the full JDK in
order to get this working?

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development