jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideally how much memory we can allocate to jmeter if my jmeter server system ram 4GB?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 03:27:45 GMT
I usually give it 2gb but you could probably give it 3gb or even more if all
that's running is Jmeter.

No matter how much you give it, it's never enough.

The biggest offender in memory consumption is the "view results tree"
listener. If you disable that in0 high-memory tests, you'll probably find
that you have no more memory problems. If you're doing a huge image or
something with jmeter, the view results tree listener will hold on to the
image for the entire test. If you're downloading several large images or the
same one multiple times, you will quickly run out of memory.

My one test that does something like that uses two listeners that write
successful and failed requests to disk. I can just fire it up and if I see
any failed requests then I know my test failed.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com