jmeter-user mailing list archives

From apc <...@apc.kg>
Subject Re: Store extracted data in a file
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:41:41 GMT
Ok, step by step:
1. I open JMeter at my ubuntu via ctrl+F2 dialog
2. I add Thread Group
3. I add Dummy Sampler
4. I add Flexible File Writer
5. I add Simple Data Writer and specify testResults.jtl as Filename

Everything else is kept by default. Then I run the test.
I can see that testResults.jtl and testResults.txt are located in my
Documents directory under home directory.
I don't know why ubuntu starts jmeter with Documents directory as base, bit
there is. Also jmeter.log shows these lines:
2011/10/17 21:34:00 INFO  - jmeter.JMeter: user.dir  =/home/undera/Документы
2011/10/17 21:34:00 INFO  - jmeter.JMeter: PWD       =/home/undera/Документы

Another test - I go to /tmp directory in Terminal and start JMeter from
there, the above test generates both files in /tmp

So you can use relative paths, based on your JMeter start directory.

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko
JP@GC Maintainer