jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)" <bnichol...@hp.com>
Subject Startup Cost on first operation
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:14:49 GMT
Hi,

I am using jmeter 2.5 and I am triggering my test via Ant and using the Jenkins Performance
Plugin to display the data.

With each test I run, the first result has heavily inflated times (hundreds of milliseconds
instead of a few).  I'd like to avoid having such high numbers in the initial operation.
Google seems to imply that this is paying the complication time of the jmeter script during
this operation.

I can absorb the cost of this operation by adding a dummy operation at the start of the test,
but I am wondering if there is a simpler/cleaner way of doing this?

Thanks,
Brad.