jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XPath Extractor doesn't work if I check 'Use Tidy'
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:33:35 GMT
On 28 September 2011 10:11, freesky <hwl@windowslive.com> wrote:
> JMeter version is 2.4, the test plan is :
>
> Test Plan
>     |_login(http)
>     |_init(xml-rpc)
>     |_read(xml-rpc)
>     |    |_XPath Extractor
>     |_update(xml-rpc)
>
> In 'XPath Extractor', the 'Reference name' is 'a', in 'update' sampler, I
> used 'id="${a_1}" '.  But if I check the 'Use Tidy' in 'XPath Extractor',
> then I can't get the value of a, such as the 'a_1' should be '5', but in
> 'update' sampler, the expression  is still 'id="${a_1}" '.  While if I
> uncheck the 'Use Tidy', then I can get the correct value of id in 'update'
> sampler, such as ' id="5" '.  Why?  Thanks in advance.

Does ${a} work ? This should be the same as ${a_1}.

The most likely cause is that Tidy is changing the XML structure so
the query no longer matches.

Not sure why that would be; to investigate further you will need to
provide exact details of the source data and a Test Plan containing
the XPath Extractor and the Sampler that uses the data.

Do not post these to the list; upload somewhere public and post the URL.