jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup Cost on first operation
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:26:58 GMT
On 14 September 2011 16:14, Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
<bnicholson@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using jmeter 2.5 and I am triggering my test via Ant and using the Jenkins Performance
Plugin to display the data.

> With each test I run, the first result has heavily inflated times (hundreds of milliseconds
instead of a few).  I'd like to avoid having such high numbers in the initial operation.
 Google seems to imply that this is paying the complication time of the jmeter script during
this operation.

Do you mean compilation time?

If so, that is done before the sample is started; sample times include
only the time needed to perform the sample.

> I can absorb the cost of this operation by adding a dummy operation at the start of the
test, but I am wondering if there is a simpler/cleaner way of doing this?

That should not be necessary; there must be something else happening here.

Try using a Java sampler. Does the first sample take longer than the next?
What happens if you add a dummy before that?

Are you sure that the Jenkins Performance plugin is measuring samples,
and not JMeter startup time?