jmeter-user mailing list archives

From joy janardhan <joy.janard...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter script recording
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 09:45:00 GMT
I am relatively new to JMeter and I have fundamental questions related to
JMeter scripting. I have read many posts through Google but nothing served
as a definite answer.

I am to load a website with around 1000 concurrent users. I am recording
with Badboy and exporting to JMeter.

I want to simulate my script as close as real world to get most accurate
response time values. So my questions are:
1. Do I need to record .jpg, .css, .js as part of script? They clutter the
test plan for sure and somewhere I read that they are not necessary. But I
feel not having them would certainly impact the response time(please correct
me if I am wrong.)
2. There is "Retrieve embeded resources" option. If I do not record .jpg
.css etc and just check this box then would it server purpose of simulating
real world scenario?
3. What effect will "HTTP Cache Manager" have if enabled on 1&2 above?

Thank you for all your help!

-Joy