jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A general question about how Jmeter is executing the request
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:27:01 GMT
this comparison isnt correct (and incidentally how did you measure 2
seconds?)
Note that the Cache Manager in Jmeter wont persist between runs (As in every
time you start jmeter the cache is empty , unlike a browser which can store
files to disk). The other factors are things like concurrency and other
browser specific behavior like the browser doesn't have to wait for the
entire page to be downloaded before requesting a CSS file for example or it
doesn't have to wait for all images to be downloaded before rendering the
page etc etc.). So a cleaner comparison is
clear your browser cache and use the network tab of a tool like firebug and
then check the total time - the time for the individual resources must
match.

Now because you say you have a reporting application - some of your report
-images are probably dynamic and are significant and need to be part of your
test - however other things like CSS/JS/static images need not be , they can
be estimated or you can have a different set of tests run to figure out the
behavior under load.

regards
deepak