jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ray Trejo <ray.tr...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject RE: POST REST WebService in jmeter
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:26:16 GMT
Try the HTTP Request HTTPClient vs the regular HTTP Request Sampler.  I had a similar issue
with the HTTP Request and REST.

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: testerinCO [mailto:cmolatch@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:19 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: POST REST WebService in jmeter

I have to test some REST web services and I'm using the POSTER add on tool
(Firefox).  I'm successful running the services via the tool, but I'm not
able to get a POST to work in jmeter using the HTTP Request sampler.

Here are the parameters I input into the POSTER tool
in the header:
Name                       Value
Authorization
child:1251829861345:95c4999b38661c7d450a0d58379b28fb

in the content to send section I added the following string:
{"title":"test","description":"this is a test"}

How can I send the authorization (header) and string (content to send) in
jmeter?
I added the authorization into the "send parameters with the request"
section.
When I attempted to add the string into the section "send parameters with
the request" into the name column leaving the value null or the other way
around, I always get a 401 error:  2011/09/07 09:07:13 ERROR -
jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPJavaImpl: readRespo
nse: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http:
//blogsweb.dmz.arch.myoffice.com/blogs/blog/new.json/

When I use the POSTER add on tool, it returns code 201 as expected.

Can somebody help.

Thanks

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete
it.