jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kootsoop <koots...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter Performance using, jmeter-server VS running in the local instance
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:56:05 GMT

Oliver Lloyd wrote:

> Ah, that's different. It's true (or at least I have experienced the same
> thing) that if you have JMeter running in Distributed (master_slave) mode
> then you can potentially hit an IO bottleneck where JMeter cannot write
> multiple results streams to one file quick enough. The workaround - as you
> have already seen - is to run multiple instances in isolation and then
> append all the results together (and then sort them). Personally, I do
> this all the time - I have it as a habit.

Thanks, that definitely makes sense of what I am seeing and gives me the way
forward.  I've been running three clients on separate machines from the
command line now, just dumping to a JTL file.  Then loading it up in a GUI
client to collate the results afterwards.  That gives me what I need.

> PS. That is all independent of using the CTT. That's just useful for
> creating repeatability / reaching a defined load. etc.

Understood. I'll see what I can do to use the CTT as a baseline "selectable"
load that other tests can run on top of.

Thanks again for the feedback!