jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kootsoop <koots...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter Performance using, jmeter-server VS running in the local instance
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:13:44 GMT
> Remember that the server is controlled from the client, also all

Yes, I understand that.

> So if the client system is slow, or the network connection to the
> server is slow, then this can affect the server system throughput.

The network is not slow; it's all in the EC2 cloud, and the network stats
say it maxes out at 2.5%.

> Having said that, a better comparison would be to run the same test
> non-GUI on the server, and then run it client-server with non-GUI
> client.
> That will show you if the client-server connection overhead is too much.

Yes, I did that... and it had precisely the same results: the same with the
non-GUI client running itself (> 1000 requests per second) and the non-GUI
client running a server (~ 400 requests per second).

> The JMeter docs explain how to configure the server sample sending
> mode; you might find that statistical mode works for you.

Thanks! I'll check that out and see if it makes a difference, but I really
think this is a JMeter server mode issue.