jmeter-user mailing list archives

From kootsoop <koots...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter GUI vs JMeter Server
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:57:37 GMT
I am starting to run distributed testing using JMeter, but have been using
the JMeter GUI for some time.

Now, when I compare running the a test plan in a server (local or remote)
versus running the same test plan in the GUI, I get markedly different
results.

Below is a plot of the two: the first (sub 400 transactions per second) is
running on the remote server, the secod (above 1500 transactions per second)
is running directly through the GUI.

The same thing happens if I run the server locally, but control it through
the GUI or through the command line.

Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong appreciated!

Regards,

Peter K.

PS: I'm running 2.4 r961953, if it makes any difference.

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4822852/JMeterStrangeness.jpg