jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Karthik110885 <karthik110...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with Response assertion for HTTP Request Sampler
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:16:16 GMT
Hi All,

I am a newbie so please tolerate with my ignorance :)

I have installed JMeter 2.5 version and have configured HTTP Request sampler
to send a request. I receive the response successfully without any issues.
Now, i have to verify that the response contains a particular block of xml
(multiple lines) to make sure that i have received the proper response. So i
have added response assertion to the HTTP Request sampler and copied the
block of xml to it

Now, When i send HTTP request to a server in non-windows platform everything
works fine. But when i send the same request to a server in windows
platform, the response assertion fails even though the response contains the
block of xml verified through response assertion. But if i give a one line
text or one line xml from the block of xml in response assertion it is
passed.

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong. Is multiple line comparison
allowed in response assertion?

Thanks in advance.