jmeter-user mailing list archives

From vish <ringhal...@gmail.com>
Subject A general question about how Jmeter is executing the request
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:23:27 GMT
Hello,

I am a new user of Jmeter and have recorded a script to check the average
response time of loading of few web reports. The action which is recorded
simple clicks on a report link and load the reports.

Concern:

When I manually check the time it takes to load the report page, its about 2
seconds.
When I execute the same set of requests which takes for loading the report
page in Fiddler, it also shown about 2 seconds.

But when I execute the same requests in Jmeter, it gives me an average time
of 10 to 11 seconds.
The report contains few images and a chart and some data coming from
database.

I am wondering why is this difference of time?
I have added Cache and cookie managers in the Thread group.

Please help me with this understanding.

Thanks,
Vish

-----