jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading of libraries (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] JMeter 2.5 is released)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:37:24 GMT
On 19 August 2011 06:39, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Are library version increments noted in the change log?
>>
>> Generally, but we might have missed some.
>>
>>> Its possible I missed them at http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html
>>> And I really have trouble grokking bugzilla :)
>>> e.g. how do you get a change log report out like you do in Jira?
>>
>> No idea; not sure it's possible.
>
> At least I'm going made missing the obvious then.
>

>>> In particular I noticed common-langs get bumped *yay* but others like
>>> htmllexer-2.0-20060923.jar are still using unreleased "snapshot" of
>>
>> It's not unreleased, it's at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/htmlparser/files/Integration-Builds/
>> This was the first one with the dual license, if I remember correctly.
>
> Ok, what I meant was its a "snapshot" build rather than a full release.
>
>>> non-current versions.
>>> (org.htmlparser:htmllexer:2.1 is available)
>>
>> Where? Does not seem to be available on Sourceforge.
>> [I stopped following the announce list as it was spam-only for the
>> last year or more]
>
> http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|htmllexer
> Release on 24-Apr-2011 but you are right, there are no files on sf.net
> for this release.
> The MANIFEST.MF clains it was built-by derrick which I assume to be
> the Project Admin - derrickoswald
>
> Ahh, browsing SVN did the trick:
> http://htmlparser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/htmlparser/tags/
> HTMLParserProject-2.1/   72      3 months        derrickoswald
> [maven-release-plugin] copy for tag HTMLParserProject-2.1
>
> Maybe they stopped pushing out files via sf.net?
>
>> BTW, if you want to update any jars, you can always just replace them
>> in the lib/ directory [as long as they are binary compatible.]
>
> Yeah, I'll restate in advance - I'm an edge case :)
>
> All our JMeter tests are JavaSamplers which means we have to bundle
> our code with JMeter.
> As there is no class path isolation I am getting issues with things
> like xstream conflicting.
> We use xstream-1.2.2.jar, JMeter uses xstream-1.3.1.jar.  If we dont
> use the correct version of xstream our xml compression fails but
> Jmeter seems to run happily on the older version.

JMeter does not use much of the XStream functionality.

Can't you upgrade to use 1.3.1 ?

> I'm in the process of building some wrapper pom.xml's to auto-populate
> the JMeter lib directories so that our less technical people have a
> more automated way of creating JMeter instances.
> So I'm sifting through the build.properties files and working out
> which ones can come straight from maven central and which ones come
> elsewhere and seeding our internal repository manager with those ones.
> Ideally I'd like all those artifact on central.
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
> and https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Uploading+3rd-party+Artifacts+to+Maven+Central
> This isn't something that would be that pressing for the JMeter team -
> except it would simplify the build.properties to use a central *.loc
> definition.

I tried to fetch as much as possible from Maven Central, but it's been
a little while since I rechecked things.

If you find that some of the other build.properties entries can be
updated to point to Maven Central, just create a Bugzilla issue and
attach a patch.
Note: it's important that the Maven version has the same license -
some jars have different licenses depending on where they originated.