jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in Jmeter Log (Can't connect after 10 retries, java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect )
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:15:11 GMT
Hello,

This issue is about your client side system-configuration, rather than
JMeter issue. However, since a multi-threaded test plan needs lots of
connections to run, you can easily exhaust max connections, at which point
it will try and reuse connections - so this relates on what you are doing
with JMeter (OS, application under test, test plan). It doesn't seem related
to your question, its an error about available outgoing sockets on client
machine rather than listening ports on the application server (hope they are
not the same machine ;) in your case).

So start looking at this from this angle and if you can't figure it out, see
if you can quick fix it by increasing the available connections (any OS) or
file-descriptors (for linux is also required, each socket uses 1 file
descriptor).

On the long term you should consider why you need as many connections as you
are using - if you actually need as many, it isn't best practice to use
"too" much (whatever is "too much" in your case).

Regards,
Adrian