jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg: Search Functionality and Dynamic Results
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:02:55 GMT
Sidepoint: you should also consider this a trivial bug - you're doing
something a little wrong with your query then you should get 400 response
code not 500, that is when something goes wrong server side (and I doubt its
the second, but do mention this to the developers). Read:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRESP.html for details.

Back to problem:
1. Have you considered the "Cookie manager" before using the regex to
extract the session?
(I'm not necessarily sure that you are using it correctly and there are a
lot of things that you can do wrong when you try to manage sessions
yourself, especially when you begin with JMeter)

Looking at the parameter's value, I don't recognise why its like that, seems
a little weird, but if the sessions is surely ok and you send the exact
string as the browser, it will work the same way (just make sure that the
string of the value is correct).

2. If I were in your position, I'd try to reconstitute the query step by
step, myself and not rely on the recorded sampler - to see which parameter
I'm using incorrectly, but this is general practice.

3. Consider changing the HTTP method and redirect type in the sampler and
play with the combinations of them - its another common cause for the
application to return an error when all other are ok (url & parameter names
and values).