jmeter-user mailing list archives

From J.E.C.Brisland <j.e.c.brisl...@open.ac.uk>
Subject RE: jMeter Log Files (distrubited testing) - Who's running a test?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:57:10 GMT
Oh, and I'm running jmeter 2.4

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 August 2011 12:54
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: jMeter Log Files (distrubited testing) - Who's running a test?

On 15 August 2011 12:20, J.E.C.Brisland <j.e.c.brisland@open.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there is any way to make the log files only show who's currently running
a test.

> I have tried setting -Ljmeter=DEBUG when launching the server, but it doesn't seem to
output what IP address is running a test, just that one has been started.

> I'd like to have the log file store who is running a test, so that I can scrape it and
make a nice web front end so that my users can see what tests are running, and on which of
our jmeter-server servers (we have 6)

> That way if someone wants to use 2 of the servers to do load testing, any other users
can see that the other 4 servers are free to test on.

> Hope this all makes sense.

Where are you hoping to find the information?
On the client, or on the server?

Which JMeter version?

> Regards,
>
> James.
>
> --
> The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in
England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).