jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Diff between "Uniform Random Timer" and "Constant Timer"
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:56:21 GMT
Hi,

On 08/09/2011 11:46 AM, Shirish wrote:
> When I executed these TG's for 20 mins without
> any timers i.e. "Uniform Random Timer" and "Constant Timer" then server just
> got into the IDLE state and my Error % goes above 60.

running a test without any timers can easily overload a server that runs
a complex application and is not suited to reply to more than a couple
of requests per minute/hour/day...

I don't really comprehend what you mean by "idle" state. Is that in the
server's log? Is the server still accessible from outside your test?

> Please tell me what does these timers are doing in my Test Plans?

Have you read the pertinent parts of the Jmeter User's Manual?

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#timers

If you haven't, please look it up. If any details remain unclear, feel
free to ask for more specifics here.

> Awaiting for your attention and assistance.

Please be aware that this is a group of volunteers. Nobody gets paid for
their advice and we dispense it as we see fit.

Regards,
Felix