jmeter-user mailing list archives

From shettyd <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to login to website - JMeter noob
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:30:14 GMT
FYI
>at I did need the URL Re-Write because the form element's action attribute
was always constant and required the session id to be passed to the
j_security_check-- even though this was not always the case with what I had
observed in firebug.

This is the way most java based webservers work. On the first request the
webserver doesnt know if your browser is going to accept cookies so in the
response to the first request, all urls are usually suffixed by the session
id (Assuming the webserver supports url rewriting, normally the case).
on the second request , if the webserver gets a cookie , then it knows your
browser supports cookies and in subsequent responses it will not add a
sessionid suffix to the urls. This is why your firebug behaves differently.
if you clean all cookies and access your page fresh , you will see the
sessionid suffix in the url. if you just click some other link on your page,
then you will not see the session id anymore.

>From a Jmeter perspective , all you really need is to add a Cookie manager
then you can ignore all the session id rewriting bits. (i.e just remove them
from your test script). Again this assumes that your webserver is configured
to allow session ids in cookie, which is also usually the case for java
based webservers.