jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Konstantin S." <mko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facebook login using Jmeter
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:44:51 GMT
Unless you work for Facebook you should not be using load scripts against
> their systems. Yet, a surprisingly large number of non Facebook employees
> continue to try and do this nonetheless. For that reason you will quickly
> find out it is difficult and, ultimately, doesn't work - once FB suspect
> you
> of using automation (as they quickly will) they will ensure that it fails
> by
> not only using a captcha but question verification as well.

You say it as if there is one option - to hammer facebook every sec :))
I am logging to FB for the last couple of monthes. Yes they suspended some
unverified accounts, but others are working just fine as well as 500 test
users for app.
What you don't need is to load test FB :) but if you want to login to FB
(for whatever reason you need) use some reasonable ramp-up. in my case 500
works just fine. less than 500 will cause some users not to be processed.
And if your scripts are correct and you send requests with reasonable
tamp-up they do not show you captchas. you can even confirm/allow app via
test scripts in jmeter.