jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem in the installation of jmeter
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:11:41 GMT
You should only need the JRE in your path. I'm not sure off the top of my
head if the jmeter startup script also needs JAVA_HOME set.

I see you're using a UNIX system. So make sure java is in your path by
typing the command "which java". If java is in your path, it'll tell you
where it is. If it says not found, set your path as Felix suggests. You'll
probably also want to set that up in your shell startup script so you don't
have to type it every time (Doing this is beyond the scope of this E-Mail.)

If it does say java is found somewhere, you could try setting JAVA_HOME to
the results of the command "dirname `which java`". I'm almost completely 99%
certain that if java is in your path, jmeter will figure it out without this
step being needed.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com