jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I cannot open Test plans
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:31:15 GMT
Just do it in jmeter. Click on the header manager in the test plan and then
hit delete. Never try to edit those things manually. It's way too easy to
shoot yourself in the foot when you edit XML manually.

I don't think the header managers are the problem. The recording controller
adds one to each HTTP request, and I never have any problem leaving them in.

Try not manually editing your test files and instead using jmeter when you
want to change them. You can drag the nodes around, delete or copy them
however you want to inside jmeter and it's a whole lot safer.

Are you by any chance recording into nodes in the workbench? The workbench
does not get saved when you hit ctrl-S, so if you record into anything
sitting in the workbench the test might actually work until you close
jmeter, then there will be nothing in it when you open it again.

If none of that applies, I'd start checking potential hardware issues,
because your files should not be getting corrupted like that. I'd start with
a virus checker and maybe run disk and RAM diagnostics.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com