jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bhayana, Sidhant" <sidhant.bhay...@igatepatni.com>
Subject RE: Issue sending parameters with the request
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:55:06 GMT
Thanks Adrian. I have tried replaying the recorded request without any changes, still did not
get the desired page.
I have previously worked with AJAX calls containing only 1 string in the Post Parameters however
this one uses two of the kind which are the cause for the concern.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Speteanu [mailto:asp.adieu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:17 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Issue sending parameters with the request

Hi,

Try using another type of sampler: the SOAP/XML-RPC Request. To properly
send a post message with it, untick the "Send SOAPAction" option and use an
entire URL unlike the HTTP Sampler. Your post data goes in the Data field -
if anything, it will be easier to edit post data with this sampler.

If it still doesn't work, consider what is not working the same as in the
browser: user session cookies, prior login to this request not successful,
this query contains user specific data that don't correspond to the user
session you're creating in JMeter, etc.

BTW, the post data looks like ajax, its a lot of work to get it to work with
jmeter, a lot of try & retries required before you make proper requests -
but this particular request doesn't look to me that it might contain data
that needs to be extracted dynamically from previous pages, so you should be
able to get it working.

Good luck,
Adrian S