jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: I cannot open Test plans
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:48:21 GMT
Hi,

On 07/18/2011 12:43 PM, JMeter_newbie21 wrote:
> 1st application -> 80 users - 5 tabs each, with random data in all tabs
> 2nd application - > 80 users continuation from the first application....
>
> It seems like my best bet is using csv or is there any other way to get
> arround this?

it depends. There are cases of simple applications where the Test Plan
can just make up click paths on the spot using regular expression
extraction.

Mind that recording a set of 80 users is not "random data" at all,
strictly speaking.

CSV would probably be an ideal replacement for what you're doing right
now. Depending on the required input, it may be feasible to have Jmeter
generate [certain parts of the] data as it goes (using BeanShell,
Javascript etc.)

HTH,
Felix