jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Selvam T, Palani" <Palani.Selv...@altisource.com>
Subject RE: [GENERAL]Perf Testing on virtualized servers
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 05:04:01 GMT
Kirk,
Thanks for the points.

I have gone through following links and suggested not to use virtualized
servers..

Virtualization: Performance testing -
http://www.macworld.com/article/145878/2010/01/virtulapptesting.html

Measuring the Performance Impact of Virtualizing a Web Application
Server
http://www.webperformance.com/library/reports/LoadTestingVirtualizationP
erformance/index.html

Response to 'Load Testing a Virtual Web Application'
http://blogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2007/04/response_to_loa.html

Virtualization performance testing tips
http://blogs.intel.com/idf/2008/08/virtualization_performance_tes.php

Thanks & Regards,
Palani Selvam

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk [mailto:kirk.pepperdine@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:59 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: [GENERAL]Perf Testing on virtualized servers

1) You cannot virtualize yourself into more hardware
2) prod != test environment == potential to shift bottlenecks.
3) not testing in the environment of deployment significantly increases
the risk of the deployment failing

I see no pro's
Regards,
Kirk

*******************************

> This E-mail message and its attachments, if any are intended solely
for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this message and the
attachments, if any may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from
reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or
otherwise using this transmission.

> Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended
recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. If you have
received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by
reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.
Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on us until
they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be
secure or free of software virus. While Altisource Portfolio Solutions
and its subsidiaries collectively "Altisource" takes every reasonable
precaution to minimize such risks, Altisource cannot accept liability
for any damage sustained by you or any third party as a result of
software viruses.