jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: advice on setup
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:37:46 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Andrej van der Zee
<andrejvanderzee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you read the docs?
>>

> Uhhhh, which part are you referring to? I have read the docs that
> describes many different controllers, samplers etc. There are many and
> I wonder which ones to use together.

Either set up a ThreadGroup per set A-.. and use Constant Throughput
Timer to control the TPS
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Constant_Throughput_Timer

Or you if you have clients doing a mix of transactions then you need
to use a Throughput Controller, to specify percent execution.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller

"This controller is badly named, as it does not control throughput.
The Throughput Controller allows the user to control how often it is
executed. There are two modes - percent execution and total
executions. Percent executions causes the controller to execute a
certain percentage of the iterations through the test plan. Total
executions causes the controller to stop executing after a certain
number of executions have occurred. Like the Once Only Controller,
this setting is reset when a parent Loop Controller restarts."