jmeter-user mailing list archives

From E S <electric.or.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Once only per thread group
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:06:09 GMT
I have a setup in which I have a single thread group that runs 50 threads
and each of those threads runs one HTTP Request like this:

Test Plan
-- Thread Group (50 threads running one time each)
-- -- HTTP Request
-- -- View Results Tree

I need to add another HTTP Request but it has to execute one time as the
very first thing for the entire test plan. The Once Only Controller doesn't
work because it executes once per thread, not per thread group. I tried
adding another thread group above the first one like this:

Test Plan
-- Thread Group (1 thread doing one thing, must run before the one below it)
-- -- HTTP Request

-- Thread Group (50 threads running one time each)
-- -- HTTP Request
-- -- View Results Tree

However, I would need to make sure the first thread group executes in full
before the second one starts and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Is
there another way to achieve this?