jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Http response message data issue
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:34:47 GMT
On 26 June 2011 13:00, anie sahu <anie.sahu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Jmeter 2.4. When I send http request to the website, server sends
> back a unique id(project id) which is to be used in subsequent http
> requests. To capture this variable, I used Post-processor Regular expression
> extractor(response field to check = body,body (unescaped)). But unique id
> does not appear in the response data, I have verified that regex I used is
> correct.

What is the regex?

> However, when I checked using wireshark and charles(network sniffer tool), I
> found that value does comes as part of response message(http response
> message contains in 15 TCP packets). Response code is "OK 200".
> Can you guys help me to figure out could be the reason for not getting
> required data? Any suggestion to try something different.
> Am I missing something here which I should take care to receive response
> data or save response data?

You can use

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

for debugging.

> I am attaching response file captured from wireshark as reference if any of
> you need it. Please ask more details if you need, I would be happy to share.

It's not clear what part of the response file contains the id you are
looking for.

Without exact details of the source you are looking to extract, and
the regex(es) you have tried, it's not possible to offer specifc help.